Thursday is officially the beginning of the weekend, right? Here’s a round-up of today’s amazing array of activities. From a Mad Men Party to walking tours, prefab, and People in Glass Houses.
- I Heart PS: Christopher Kennedy’s Love Affair with the California Desert – Annenberg Theater, Palm Springs Museum of Art, 101 N. Museum Drive @10am. Buy tickets at the door for $10
- On Restoring Modernism: The Purist and the Pragmatist – Lecture with Michael Boyd. Annenberg Theater, Palm Springs Museum of Art, 101 N. Museum Drive @ 11:30am. Buy tickets at the door for $10.
- People in Glass Houses – The Legacy of Joseph Eichler – Annenberg Theater, Palm Springs Museum of Art, 101 N. Museum Drive, @ 3pm to 4pm. Buy tickets at the door for $10.
- Banking and Commerce GO MOD Historical Walking Tour – Meet at 500 S. Indian Canyon (Union Bank Building) @ 9:30am. Tickets cost $15. Buy them here.
- “A Mad Men Evening” Architecture and Design Council’s Annual Fundraiser – Palm Springs Art Museum, Architecture and Design Center, 300 S. Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92262 @ 7pm to 10pm. Tickets cost $200.
- Prefab Showcase – Today is the last day to score half price admission to the Prefab Showcase for $5. Buy tickets at the gate. Praire Schooner Parking Lot adjacent to The Hilton Hotel @ 10am to 4pm.