Moby, modernism, Marrakesh – need we say more? Check out today’s top Modernism Week events! (Also, you won’t want to miss the unveiling of Modfire’s newest design, the Astrofire, at the Modern Living Expo, 10:30am.)
- Moby on Modernism – a very special panel discussion with GRAMMY-nominated musician Moby as he joins the the inimitable Frances Anderton – author, curator, and host of KCRW’s Design and Architecture – for a candid chat about his perspective on wonderfully weird LA architecture, preservation, modernism, and much more. ACE Hotel, 701 East Palm Canyon Drive, @2pm to 3pm. Buy tickets for $20 here.
- Symposium and Tour: The Public and the Modern House (Symposium and Lunch ONLY) – Palm Springs Museum of Art, 101 N. Museum Drive, @ 9am to 1:30pm. Buy tickets at the door for $50.
- Banking and Commerce GO MOD Historical Walking Tour – Meet at 500 S. Indian Canyon (Union Bank Building) @ 9:30am. Tickets cost $15. Buy them here.
- Temple Isaiah Guided Tours – From 10am to 3pm. Tours still available. Book here.
SHOWCASES & EXHIBITIONS
- Modfire Unveiling of The Astrofire – Join us in front of the Modern Living Expo tent for an exclusive peek at the newest design by Modfire @ 10:30am.
- Welcome Aboard – The Pan Am Experience – See the private collection of actor Phillip Keene (Buzz Watson of “The Closer” and “Major Crimes”), with a preview here. Tickets available at the door for $10. California Poppy Room, The Saguaro Hotel, 1800 E. Palm Canyon Drive @ 10:30am to 4:30pm. Buy tickets for $10 here.
- Marrakesh Country Club Designer Showcase (and Optional Luncheon) – Join us one hour before your scheduled Showcase Tour time for a signature lunch prepared by Executive Chef Raymond Nelson. The Gardens on El Paseo, 73-545 El Paseo, Palm Desert @ 11am to 3:30pm. Buy showcase tickets for $35 here, and optional luncheon for $20 here.
- Expo Tent and Prefab Showcase – Get a glimpse of the homes of the future with the latest homes and home products on display through the weekend. Praire Schooner Parking Lot adjacent to The Hilton Hotel @ 10am to 4pm. Buy tickets at the gate for $10.
Photos by Moby; Mark Davidson, copyright The Annenberg Foundation Trust at Sunnylands.