It’s the last weekend of Modernism Week! Be sure to make your way to these fabulous Friday events before they’re gone!
- Desert Installations, Salsa Dancing and the Architecture of Tragedy – Lecture with Hagy Belzberg, F.A.I.A. on his design strategies for creating architecturally innovative projects. Annenberg Theater, Palm Springs Museum of Art, 101 N. Museum Drive @ 1:30pm. Buy tickets at the door for $10.
- Eileen Gray-Designer and Architect – a film by Jörg Bundschuh for Icarus Films, featuring exclusive footage from the accomplished designer and architect’s life. Annenberg Theater, Palm Springs Museum of Art, 101 N. Museum Drive, @ 10am to 11:10am. Buy tickets at the door for $10.
- Coast Modern – an independent documentary by directors Mike Bernard and Gavin Froome, who will be in attendance for a Q&A session following the premiere. Annenberg Theater, Palm Springs Museum of Art, 101 N. Museum Drive, @ 3pm to 4:30pm. Buy tickets at the door for $10.
- Banking and Commerce GO MOD Historical Walking Tour – Meet at 500 S. Indian Canyon (Union Bank Building) @ 9:30am. Tickets cost $15. Buy them here.
- Temple Isaiah Guided Tours – From 10am to 3pm. Tours still available. Book here.
SHOWCASES & EXHIBITIONS
- Welcome Aboard – The Pan Am Experience – See the private collection of actor Phillip Keene (Buzz Watson of “The Closer” and “Major Crimes”), with a preview here. Tickets available at the door for $10. California Poppy Room, The Saguaro Hotel, 1800 E. Palm Canyon Drive @ 10:30am to 4:30pm. Buy tickets for $10 here.
- Marrakesh Country Club Designer Showcase (and Optional Luncheon) – Join us one hour before your scheduled Showcase Tour time for a signature lunch prepared by Executive Chef Raymond Nelson. The Gardens on El Paseo, 73-545 El Paseo, Palm Desert @ 11am to 3:30pm. Buy showcase tickets for $35 here, and optional luncheon for $20 here.
- Expo Tent and Prefab Showcase – Get a glimpse of the homes of the future with the latest homes and home products on display through the weekend. Praire Schooner Parking Lot adjacent to The Hilton Hotel @ 10am to 4pm. Buy tickets at the gate for $10.